TL;DR: Wrangler Men’s Western are the best socks for cowboy boots. The quality, comfort, and durability of this pair are top-notch. There are negligible complaints about the socks bunching up or slipping down.
Finding the best socks for cowboy boots is not as easy as it sounds. They are specifically designed to be tall enough to save your calf from rubbing & chafing against the leather. They are made sufficiently smooth to maintain the required comfort throughout the day.
The other reason for which you need special socks for cowboy boots is that regular socks have a bugging seam that runs across the toes. That seam bothers you, rubs your toes, and sometimes causes blisters.
So, let’s find the best socks for your cowboy boots to make your purchase worth every penny. Check out the factors listed below to make an informed decision.
Here are 5 Best Socks for Cowboy Boots in 2020
|1||Wrangler Men's Western Boot Socks||Best Overall|
|2||ARIAT Men's Full Cushion Over The Calf Cowboy Socks||Runner Up|
|3||Ariat Men's Ariat Over The Calf Sport Socks||Also Good|
|4||Wrangler Men's Lightweight Ultra-Dri Cowboy Boot Socks||Most Durable|
|5||Dan Post Men's Certified Over the Calf Cowboy Socks||Most Breathable|
5 Best Socks For Cowboy Boots in 2020 with Reviews
1. Wrangler Men’s Western Boot Socks
Wrangler is a famous brand for a pair of jeans, but apart from manufacturing the best selling jeans, they design all-purpose boot socks too. Established in 1947, Wrangler is going strong with every clothing they make because of their quality and service.
The Wrangler’s Men’s Western Boot Socks are purposely designed to keep your legs and feet extra protected and comfortable. Padded foot improves the overall performance and minimizes the impact. Half cushion foot gives extra comfort and support.
With the 80% polyester, 17% nylon and 3% spandex composition, this pair is finely knitted for leg and foot to have optimal wear in cowboy boots while working every day in outdoors.
These socks are specially built to stay up and thus avoids bunching and slipping. Even the additional arch support protects you from any foot fatigue.
Wrangler socks feature the moisture-wicking attributes, which let them dry fast. Also, this feature keeps your legs and feet extra comfortable and cool. The strong and reinforced toe and heel give additional durability to the socks.
These USA made socks are suitable for a machine wash. This pair of western boot socks is one of the best selling options listed in this top picks.
- Impressive arch support and cushion
- The ribbed designed top avoids the slipping of the socks
- The smooth toe seam doesn’t make you feel itchy and bothered
- Moisture-wicking material keeps the sweat and odor away
- Sometimes the quality varies from size
- Inconsistency in sizing
2. ARIAT Men’s Full Cushion Over The Calf Cowboy Socks
I am not biased towards Ariat but the value its products offer makes me suggest another pair from the same brand. This full cushion over the calf sock is one of the most preferred pairs to wear with your riding boots or cowboy boots.
Further, the sizes L (10-14) and XL (13 ½ -15) gives you ample room to fit in. Men who generally find it difficult to get socks of their size should give this one a try.
The composition of 50% cotton, 40% polyester, 8% nylon, and 2% spandex makes the socks skin-friendly. Moreover, the socks are well-padded that provides support and cushioning.
Also, it has a slim-fitting nylon calf. It makes it easy to put the socks on and off with cowboy boots without any difficulty. The toe and heels are reinforced for enhanced durability. So, no more bunching and slipping behind the knees.
The moisture-wicking properties make the socks odorless.
- Ideal for even snuggest of tall boots
- Moisture-wicking attributes to keep your feet dry and fresh
- Welt stitching to prevent bunching
- Ultra-slim fabric for long day comfort
- Pack of two in one.
- Cushioning is a concern
- It does not stay up as claimed.
3. Ariat Men’s Ariat Over The Calf Sport Socks
Ariat is on the list for all the attributes it owns. These socks will let you stay at your utmost comfort, and you can perform the best to your capability while wearing these calf sport socks.
The socks are made out of all the premium fabric combinations. It comprises 50% cotton, 40% polyester, 8% nylon, 2% spandex fabric. This blend of materials makes it comfortable, hard wear, stretchable, cushioned, and always wanting.
For the extended comfort and protection for your calf muscles and ankles, these will come over your calf. In case you have to wear these for the whole day, the comfort won’t be compromised. For the kind of comfort the socks offer, you are going to love the feel. Plus, the socks will not rub against your skin so you do not have to worry about rashes or blisters or itchiness.
The socks feature reinforced toes and heels for improved performance and added comfort. Further, the elastic cuff keeps its place while you are working, moving, or playing.
You can freely put it for the machine wash without using any chemical or bleach.
- Reinforced toe and heel enable the rough wear
- Comprises multiple fabrics to give maximum comfort
- Reinforced toe and heel will not have holes any time soon
- Easy to machine wash and tumble dry
- Does not have extra padding in the shin area
- Some buyers reported that they do not stretch much
4. Wrangler Men’s Lightweight Ultra-Dri Cowboy Boot Socks
Another cowboy socks from Wrangler means it is maintaining its reputation since long back. This made in the USA product is in this best-selling list because of the comfort and durability it offers.
We are smart enough to understand the things which are practical and which are just publicized. If a brand is standing tall for more than half a century, then, of course, it is justifying the quality and performance.
With Wrangler’s full-cushion comfort socks, your feet and legs feel supported and not fatigue. The well-padded leg and foot reduces the unknown impacts and boosts protection.
It is a three-pair pack of calf boot or cowboy boot socks. The arch support is added for a perfect fit and a smooth toe seam. The smooth and soft toe seam minimizes itchiness and avoids extra volume for sensitive feet. The invisible seam gives you long comfort and delight.
In addition to this, the premium knit is stitched with superior quality yarn. You will find many stitches in an inch to give durability, refines, and comfort.
The socks feature moisture-wicking technology to keep your legs and feet extra cool.
- Solid moisture-wicking attributes
- Smooth toe seam
- Half cushion for the bottom of the feet and toes
- Lightweight ultra-dry calf boot socks
- Fine stitches
- Fully cushioned
- Some people said that the socks shrunk after the wash
5. Dan Post Men’s Certified Over the Calf Cowboy Socks
The iconic and eminent Dan Post was designed for socks for a cowboy. Especially for people who are active in saddle, riding, and roping. These are one of the top options for the western or cowboy boot socks.
The material is built out of the yarn that is spun in the USA. The material comprises 80% ring-spun cotton, 17% Sorbtek, and 3% lycra. Here, the Sorbtek is used as it evaporates the moisture at a rapid rate and keeps your skin happy and dry.
These socks are quite responsive in all weather. Plus, the moisture management maintains the dryness level even during changing temperatures. Also, these have antimicrobial attributes that avoid odor and inhibits bacterial growth within.
Generally, the toes with a seam may lead to irritation and rashes. But these socks have a soft-touch seam that avoids irritation and rubbing.
These premium socks are over the calf socks designed to stay in place, no matter how long you wear them. Even after repeated machine wash, the material does not go loose.
The one thing to note is not to use any chlorine-based bleach and fabric softeners. They may reduce the fabric quality, and the socks may start falling down or bunch up the next time you wear them.
Dan Post Calf Socks are white and is available in 7-10.5, 10.5-13, and 13.5 plus sizes. So, from small to large feet, it may accommodate all sizes.
- Reinforced heels and toes add to the durability
- Additional support on the ankle areas
- Yards have Sorbtek to control the odor and moisture
- Made out of cotton and lycra
- If you have large feet, you may find it challenging to get your size
- Sometimes you may feel sweaty and wet in extra hot days
How to Choose the Best Socks For Cowboy Boots in 2020
Sweaty feet are quite obvious when enclosed in cowboy boots for long hours. The suitable material means a fabric that can wick away the moisture and save your feet from odor and irritation.
- Acrylic: It is one of the most impressive inexpensive materials to wick away the moisture. The absorbency is not as good as that of wool, but it does the job well.
- Merino Wool: Wool has a soft touch, which is not at all itchy. Plus, it smartly traps the moisture keeping your feet dry and fresh. The material will not develop holes easily. Wool prevents odor and bacteria, so it is good for changing seasons too.
- Cotton: It traps the moisture, which leads to irritation and odor. Once the sweat is absorbed, cotton doesn’t let it evaporate so easily. So, avoid cotton socks to wear with cowboy boots.
- Nylon: It is commonly mixed with different fabrics, which makes it strong and increases its durability. Still, it doesn’t have excellent absorbency against sweat.
- Lycra, Spandex, and Elastane: These materials are ideal for well-fitted cowboy socks. These have good stretch features which keep the socks right in place with perfect support to your leg and feet.
For the cowboy boots, sock’s length is a major consideration. Go for the socks that are high enough to cover your calves as it will save you from chaffing, which may occur during heavy movement. Additionally, it will keep you warm when the temperatures are down and will prevent the leg from rubbing against the boots.
Quality is a major deciding factor to determine the life of the socks. A pair of cowboy socks should last you anywhere between 6-12 months.
A personal quality check is a must. The brand, thickness, material, comfort together implies the quality. To make it easy for you, scroll through the five best socks for cowboy boots suggested in this guide.
Comfort comes from the use of premium quality material and proper cushioning on the most vulnerable spots. Cushions or padded heels provide extra comfort for your feet. Also, the enhanced arch support saves you from aches and fatigue.
Further, the seamless toes is a must feature to keep blisters away. It will not even rub the pressure points and feel like you are not wearing any socks at all.
Before You Go
The socks which are specifically made to wear under cowboy boots are over the calves. That’s why I declare Wrangler Men’s Western the best socks for cowboy boots.
If I talk about the features, you may prioritize it from quality to comfort. A good quality will bring comfort to you for the whole day.
The length cannot be neglected as cowboy boots are long, so the socks should cover the complete length to avoid skin rubbing. One of the smartest factors to choose is to go for the socks that stay up all the time and fit perfectly.
I hope I saved you some time of research for the most appropriate pair of socks for cowboy boots. Enjoy!