It’s difficult to get right work boots for unusual feet such as narrow or wide feet. What you need to remember is that it is difficult but not impossible.
The first step in this process is to understand and measure the correct size of your feet. Boots are not something you can compromise with. If your feet are not at the comfort you can walk and it can largely hamper your work.
After getting the perfect foot measurements, you have to choose the boots according to utility and job profile. Then comes the features waterproof, padded collar and tongue, slip or oil resistant, moisture-wicking properties and many more.
Keeping all the necessary features and attributes in view, I have shortlisted the top 5 work boots from zillion off options specifically for narrow feet.
<< Best Men’s Work Boots for Narrow Feet >>
- Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boots
- Ariat Men’s Heritage Roper Narrow Feet Work Boots
- Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Work Boots For Narrow Feet
- Wolverine Men’s SR Dura Shock 6″ Steel Toe Work Boots
- Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Work Boots For Narrow Feet
Table of Contents
How To Know If You Have Narrow Feet
The worst experience and investment for anybody is the uncomfortable work boots which you are going to wear every day and that too for long hours.
The boots are measures by both width and size. There is no hard and fast rule that if the size is correct then it is obvious that the width will suit you.
If the shoes are too wide or too narrow, ultimately it will result in blisters, foot problems, and intolerable pain.
Getting the idea for if you have narrow feet will come as you look for the boots which perfectly fit in. the way you can get the correct measurements is explained below.
- Place two papers parallel on the floor and tape them from all corners.
- Put a pair of socks on your feet. Place your both feet on the respective papers. Ask somebody to draw the outline of your feet.
- Take a ruler and measure the widest part of your every foot with the rule and note it down.
- You will get two numbers. Now subtract ⅛ of an inch from the largest number. Note this subtracted number as your feet width.
- Go to your preferred search engine and put the query as the shoe width measurement chart for men. Analyze and compare your measurements.
- This chart will show the US men’s shoe size.
This is the most convenient method to know if you have narrow feet. In this way, you will never get the wrong pair for your feet.
Factors to Look For Before Buying Men’s Work Boots For Narrow Feet
After getting a general idea now you will not give priority to looks and appearance of the boots. It will be beneficial for your body especially feet if you focus on functionality, performance, and comfort.
Apart from this, you need to understand a few critical factors which may largely affect your final choice.
The main use of shoelaces is to tighten up your shoes without blocking the free flow of air. If you have extremely narrow feet, shoelaces will fit them up to medium-sized boots.
It would be recommended if you tighten your laces on the second and third eyelets.
Even after getting the most well-fitted boot still you find them loose, the hack is wearing thicker socks. Socks are forever and will never ever get out of fashion.
You may get the socks that can compress the middle zone of your feet to prevent accidents.
Add-on or extra Cushion
Pads or cushions are intentionally designed to make the overall lining thicker. You may opt for boots with a thick layer of comfortable and smooth padding.
The extra cushions will give you a tighter and snug fit. Also, it will avoid the formation of blisters on your feet.
I don’t know whether to call it a hack or a remedy. There are various kinds of gel you can find in drug stores, shoe stores or even in departmental stores.
All you need to analyze is the most appropriate area where you want to squeeze those gel inserts. You may buy them if extra insole doesn’t work.
You may consider the inserts specifically for the ball of your feet or the sides.
Forefoot and Thinner or Narrow Sole
The measurements of your forefoot and sole will lead you to the right boots. These are the most affecting areas in terms of performance, fatigue, and comfort.
5 Top Rated Men’s Work Boots For Narrow Feet With Reviews
1. Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boots
Walk the extra mile with this safe and comfortable men’s Diagnostic Hi waterproof work boots by CAT. The charming dark beige boot has seam-sealed material to provide the utmost waterproof protection.
The full-grain leather upper prevents the grime and moisture from invading the interior of the boot. Also, when you are surrounded by ice, this will keep your feet warm.
The 200g Thinsulate will provide the needed insulation and regulate body temperature. The nylon mesh lining keeps them dry and fresh.
The ERGO comfort profile maintains the natural movement of your feet. People with narrow feet may consider this pair for a perfect and snug fit.
The perforated EVS with gel technology is removable and gives the added support to your heels and calf zone. Also, it gives high performance and gives a long-lasting cushioning impact. This set-up gives a steady step with a slip-resistant rubber sole.
The 6 inches high-cut shaft is padded for support and the steel toe extends extra strength to the boots. The hard at work and easy on you boot come in both 6” and 8” versions.
This low profile sporty shoe stands up for all-weather without compromising comfort and style. The steel shank and cement constructed torsion look easily handle the tough climates.
Just like any other boots, it also requires a few days to break-in. However, the users have high words for this masterpiece as its break-in period is comparatively short.
It is an ideal choice for all of you who is a farmer, firefighter, forestry worker, plumber, etc. in short, it is meant for all those who work outside in wet and muddy areas.
- A rubber sole lends excellent traction
- Waterproof boot with breathable lining
- Steel shanks provide durability
- All-day support and comfort
- Needs less time to break-in
- PU midsole for stability
- Abrasion-resistant leather uppers
- You may find it a bit heavy because of rugged construction
- A user complained that the tread comes off easily
2. Ariat Men’s Heritage Roper Narrow Feet Work Boots
Ariat has designed Heritage Roper work boots to meet the sports and athletic demands of ranching and rodeo. It is known for its revolutionary innovation, every pair is engineered for ultimate performance, durability, and comfort.
If you are searching for a well-established platform for performance then for all of you who want to work, live and ride freely, these work boots are indeed magic.
This boot features a patented system known as U-turn entry. This system makes it useful when you are going to wear boots. In simple words, it makes the boots easy to wear and you are for a treat once your feet are inside.
It features an EVA midsole and a gel-cushioned footbed that makes the boot shock absorbent. In addition to this, the extra-wide shank in combination with stabilizers reduces the foot fatigue for the heel and forefoot.
Further, the outsole is flexible enough to control your feet movement. It is slip and oil resistant and resistant to wear. Plus the self-cleaning profile doesn’t let dirt track in from outside.
To conclude, regardless of the look, these are simple to wear. It completely waterproof and you will feel like wearing a leather covering which is shockproof and gives ample support.
- Full-grain leather with round roper toe
- Terrific outsole to move freely
- Breathable leather lining
- Ariat’s brand dura tread rubber outsole
- 1 ¼” heel height with ATS Sole Technology
- Easy to pull and doesn’t track dirt
- Waterproof, oil or slip-resistant
- Some people are annoyed with the leather getting separated from the sole after the use of a few months.
- It is a Chinese boot, if you are an ardent fan of US work boots then you should give these boots a fair chance.
3. Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Work Boots For Narrow Feet
The Danner’s more stylish, slicker and slender Acadia 8” is one of the classic pairs on my list. The US-made boots comprise Cordura and lightweight leather which is a favorite among uniform services.
As a true American brand, Danner is trusted by many satisfied and happy customers. You think of any and you will find it right there. equipped with excellent stability, superior safety, durability, and tough construction.
The 8” Acadia will never hamper your ability to walk or run quickly. The protective and stable performance, makes it special for tactical units also.
The easy to polish full-grain upper with a 1000 denier nylon material prevents abrasions, tears, and scuffs. Nylon adds breathability, dries your feet quickly and keeps them fresh and odor-free.
It features a classy lace to toe design for secure and snug fit. Plus, the internal Gore-Tex liner is completely waterproof and breathable.
To increase stability, there is a wider platform made by handcrafted stitch-down construction. The shank lends additional support.
With the 1.5 inches of heel height weighs around 12 ounces each (size 10). Also, the Vibram Kletterlift outsole makes this pair comfortable to wear and durable for long life.
The outsole offers terrific traction for wet and dry surfaces. Additionally, the heel is smooth, comfortable and has shock absorption features.
The slender profile gives a more narrow fit. It gives ample support with the snug fit for various activities.
- Stable platform with a slender fit
- Made of 100% leather and Cordura
- Non-metallic toe so doesn’t transmit cold or heat
- Amazing snug fit
- Lightweight and sturdy pair
- A little pricey. If budget is a constraint you may have a look on other boots too.
- This is relatively heavier than normal sneakers.
- Shank is non-insulated
4. Wolverine Men’s SR Dura Shock 6″ Steel Toe Work Boots
Long back in 1883, Wolverine was established in Michigan and since then they have maintained their legacy of providing excellent craftsmanship. From the beginning, they are working on their ideas and designing the boots that can save you from the toughest environments.
This iconic American brand has again come up with men’s SR DuraShock work boots comprising exceptional material with enduring expertise.
The slip-resistant rubber sole provides a strong grip on the floor having oil or other elements. It saves you from embarrassment, pain, and injury.
The upper features tumbled full-grain leather. It is a rugged-looking textured leather that is flexible to adjust according to your feet movement. Apart from being water-resistant, it can smoothly bear extended hours of wear and tear.
The mesh lining completely wicks away the moisture due to wet or sweaty feet. Above all, the antimicrobial layer keeps your feet odor-free.
The steel toe protects you from the outside impacts. It meets or extends the EH designations, which ensures safety from electrical hazards.
It features an impressive dual-density footbed for comfort and padded feel. The footbed is removable and easy to wash.
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Gives great protection to your feet
- Moisture-wicking sock liner
- High comfort level
- Durable and non-slip outsole
- Steel toe provides protection from impact
- Keeps your feet dry and odorless
- If you go for wading in streams with this pair on, that may be the last day of this boot
5. Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Work Boots For Narrow Feet
Skechers name is self-explanatory for the performance and reputation it owns. It will make you feel secure from land to sea with this versatile Mariner Utility Work Boots.
If your job profile demands for switch between water and land, this boot will accompany you through all odds. The classic rug design on the leather upper supported by wedge heel takes you anywhere you want.
Unlike other work boots on the list, this workwear from Skechers is self-sufficient to provide you maximum safety in different terrains.
The impressively designed extreme tread is constructed to provide you an upright posture. Also, the reinforced seam detail provides all-day comfort.
The 100% leather boot has a cushioned collar. It extends pressure relief, breathability and instant comfort with a long-lasting effect.
The boot beautifully contours to most of the foot shapes and curves. Plus, the lugged sole features extreme shock absorption attributes.
If you often get disappointed because you have a hard time getting a well-fitted boot for yourself, this workwear has supportive instep and a deep toe box.
It goes well with almost every outfit. The graceful and elegant looking utility boot will cover long distances without any suffering from pain and blisters.
- Utility styled elegant and rugged boots
- Padded collar, lug outsole
- Smart logo label on tongue
- Perforated dual lite footbed enhances breathability
- Ideal for both land and water
- Smooth or oiled leather upper
- Superb shock absorption properties
- Supportive instep and deep toe box
- It doesn’t have memory foam
- This boot is not waterproof but the oils in leather make it water-resistant for a time span.
Before You Go
Your lower body area takes all the body burden all day for uncountable hours. The most affected part is your foot. They need better care and versatile boots to back them.
I have researched in-depth and presented my research results in the most concrete and explained way. Since you are here I assume you must have gathered important information and have chosen the pair that suits your criteria.
By following the above guidelines, you will find the perfect fitting boots for your narrow feet which will be comfortable and protect you from all uninvited mishaps.
Grab a pair right now and maintain them for prolonging boot life.